Multicultural Affairs Committee
The Multicultural Affairs Committee (MAC) is an Advocacy Committee reporting directly to the President, Dr. Corlis McGee. The goal of MAC is to embed multiculturalism into the fabric of Eastern Nazarene College so as to no longer need the advocacy work of the committee. The committee is made up of faculty, staff and students.
The MAC Charge:
1. To develop and maintain a thriving Multicultural community.
2. To promote Multicultural activities among all segments of the college community.
3. To promote, monitor, and evaluate college efforts in the areas of recruitment and retention of ethnic minority faculty, students and staff.
4. To promote, monitor, and evaluate curriculum and curricular change to ensure that students are prepared to interact effectively with people from cultures other than their own.
5. To develop and promote strategies for improving Multicultural leadership in the broader Christian community.
6. To monitor college policies or practices which may have negative effects on ethnic minority persons.