HR BULLETIN: 2014-05-17
This position is integral to the support and reliability of the ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) system. The ERP System Administrator will work closely with the ITS Technical Team. Responsible for the maintenance and support of the software as well as the hardware used to support the ERP system, this position will utilize and enhance release engineering plans and ensure best practices are following with respect to environment promotion. The ERP System Administrator will ensure that appropriate mechanisms and automation is in place to revert / roll back to a previous release as well as to restore data and configurations on hot or cold sites. While focusing on the ERP related servers and systems, this role will serve as a backup for the Windows System Administrator.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of ERP systems software and hardware including the release engineering, patch application and rollback.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place to restore data & configurations from backups as necessary.
- Configures system monitoring to ensure that events are identified before they become critical.
- Support end users with day-to-day operations, troubleshooting campus-wide as well as individual problems and providing 24x7 coverage.
- Manage the backup environment, physical and logical security of servers, management of user accounts and security groups; assist with user and system installations as necessary.
- Record all changes to servers, user issues and solutions, monitor servers to prevent unauthorized access, ensure server performance, and maintain server operating systems security via patches and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Computer knowledge of Higher Ed ERP systems, knowledge of Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague, Web Advisor, Tomcat, UI, SA Valet desirable.
- Two to four years hands on experience with VM environments and specifically Microsoft Hyper-V required.
- Experience with configuration and support of Modifiable off the Shelf (MOTS) environments, Sharepoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM highly desirable.
- Knowledge of nidata, SQL Server or other ODBC compliant databases.
- Expertise with Windows operating systems and Active Directory; Knowledge of Exchange desirable.
- Experience with system backup and recovery, Microsoft Operating Systems, Dell servers, Dell & Equalogic SANs preferred.
- The successful applicant will also have experience with a majority of the following: E-Commerce, GUIs, Tomcat, Eclipse, Silverlight, Scripting and Web Applications.
- Must be detail oriented, efficient and accurate; Integral member of the ITS Team.
- Able to work independently and proactively. Be a self-starter and takes initiative.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the maturity necessary to work effectively with staff of varied backgrounds, skills and personalities in order to achieve key objectives.
- Commitment to a Faith Community and integrates the Mission and Vision Statement, and the Defining Values of Eastern Nazarene College in every aspect of the work performance.
Applicants may make application by submitting their resume along with a cover letter and statement of faith.
Eastern Nazarene College, 23 E. Elm Avenue, Quincy, MA 02170
Eastern Nazarene College, a four-year, liberal arts, residential college of the Church of the Nazarene, located on Boston's South Shore, seeks qualified persons to join a multi-cultural community to fill faculty and staff positions. ENC encourages women and minorities to apply. Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well.