Armed Forces Benefits: Eastern Nazarene College works closely with our active armed forces, veterans and ROTC programs. We work with our service members to maximize their academic benefits. ENC is fully accredited and qualifies for receiving all benefits offered by the government to private colleges. ENC fully participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program and gives full tuition and fees to eligible students that qualify. Students seeking to use military benefits should complete the following requirements:
1. Apply to Eastern Nazarene online through http://www.enc.edu/apply, and complete all of the Admissions requirements.
2. Complete VA 22-1990 and submit online or by mail.
3. FAX or mail certificate of eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid.
4. Complete the Free Application for FederalStudent Aid (FAFSA). ENC’s school code is 002145.
5. Review VA benefits through http://www.gibill.va.gov. Review housing and book allowance (Chapter 33).
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding. Therefore, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.