The ENC Society was implemented to create a culture of giving for alumni and friends of Eastern Nazarene College. Its purpose is not only to provide resources for our students, but also to assist you in attaining a legacy that will last for years to come. Just like Winston Churchill said,"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
What is the ENC Society?
The ENC Society is an exclusive group of alumni and friends of ENC who commit to a financial investment ($1,000 or more) on an annual basis OR who have achieved a lifetime giving amount of $100,000+. Membership denotes a commitment to and support of the mission of ENC and a desire to see her mission carried out for many generations to come.
Why should I join?
There are many reasons to join including:
- Creates a "culture of giving". Believe it or not, giving is contagious! When others see that you are investing in the mission of ENC, it encourages them to consider what they are able to give.
- Special benefits. As our "thank you" for your commitment, we offer certain benefits to ENC Society members. This includes discounts to the ENC Store as well as several local businesses and restaurants, free or discounted entrance to ENC events, recognition denoted on a special plaque displayed in the President's Office, and a uniquely designed lapel pin or necklace. See our Charter Membership brochure (below) for a detailed list!
- It helps ENC. Your financial resources pay for student scholarships, books in the library, dorm and facility renovations, athletic fields, and, let's face it, even the everyday things like the electric bill! Every penny is helpful and appreciated.
- Keeps you informed. Members of the ENC Society are communicated with in a way that is different from the rest of our constituents. Because we know how invested you are, we think it is important to keep you informed about what's happening on campus and how your resources are impacting the ENC Community.
- Builds relationships. Through your ENC Society membership, we hope you will feel more connected to the community through ENC student and alumni stories, and personal communications from our staff and administration. We also host several events on campus throughout the year where our members are able to fellowship and build camaraderie.
Thinking "That's too much" or "I can't afford it"? Well, chances are, you can. While $1,000 may seem like a lot of money to give at one time, an alternative option is to give a small amount every paycheck or make a monthly gift. As an example, many staff and faculty at ENC invest only $39 per paycheck, which qualifies them for membership over a year’s time. If you think about it, that’s only about $2.75 per day – comparable to the cost of a morning cup of coffee.
Other ways to conceptualize it: $20 per week; $84 per month; or $250 quarterly.
Become a Member!
Join now to secure your membership! Contact , call 866.480.2291, or print and complete the form in the membership brochure (below) and return to:
Eastern Nazarene College
23 East Elm Ave
Quincy, MA 02170
Please see our Membership brochure and Frequently Asked Questions for more detailed information!
*Note: If you have already made a qualifying gift(s) from the most recent July 1 - present, you do not need to send an additional gift. To find out if gifts you have made qualify you for membership, contact the ENC Society Coordinator, Erin Stone, at the email address or phone number listed above. Pledges are also accepted to qualify you for membership if they are made in good faith.