Viruses (real and hoaxes) are an ever-growing problem on the Internet, and present an ever-growing problem for end-users and IT departments. Through a site-license acquired by ITS, ENC provides Microsoft Forefront End Point Protection to the College community at
no cost to the individual.
Installing Forefront EPP
Installing the ENC version of Forefront EPP on a computer with another antivirus product already installed can severely damage the system. If you have another antivirus software package installed on your computer, remove it before installing Forefront EPP.
1. Remove Existing Antivirus Software
Please follow the steps below to remove any existing anti-virus products from your computer if you choose to use the ENC provided Forefront Security antivirus:
- Navigate to the 'Control Panel' — Start › Control Panel
- Double-click the 'Add/Remove Programs' icon
- Select the anti-virus product that you want to remove
- Click on the 'Remove' button to uninstall the software
Download Forefront Antivirus
You must be on the on-campus network when you run this installer.
Install Forefront Antivirus (Windows Vista, 7, 8)
- Open the zip file you downloaded.
- Move the Get_Forefront_2010.bat file to the desktop or
any other convenient location.
- Right click on Get_Forefront_2010.bat and run as
- Follow instructions prompted at end of installation.
- Run Windows Update.