Faculty Profile: Dr. Carrie Read Spray
campus phone: 3547
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
Materials Research Society (MRS)
Iota Sigma Pi (ISP)
- Dr. Read Spray earned her Ph.D. in Chemistry from Purdue University with her research focusing on electrodeposition of thin film materials for clean energy applications. Most recently she taught Chemistry as a visiting professor at Smith College while also participating in a college wide initiative to improve the use of technology in the classroom as well as the effective use of primary literature in teaching.
In addition to maintaining an active research program as evidenced by publications and professional presentations, her dedication to the art of teaching is evident in her participation in teaching workshops and other pedagogical opportunities. This focus will benefit students as they study the various disciplines within the chemistry field and will also enhance their ability to achieve success.
Dr. Read Spray has experience teaching general, environmental, analytical, and inorganic chemistry. Within those areas, her goal is to implement opportunities for cooperative learning and research through the use of technology in both the laboratory and lectures.
- Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry - Purdue University
- BA, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise, 2006
- Read, Carrie G.*; Park, Yiseul; Choi, Kyoung-Shin. “Electrochemical Synthesis of p-type CuFeO2 Electrodes for Use in a Photoelectrochemical Cell.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (2012), 3, 1872-1876.
Choi, Kyoung-Shin; Jang, Ho Seong; McShane, Colleen M.; Read, Carrie G.*; Seabold, Jason A. “Electrochemical Synthesis of Inorganic Polycrystalline Electrodes with Controlled Architectures.” Materials Research Society Bulletin (2010), 35(10), 753-760.
Read, Carrie G.*; Steinmiller Ellen. M. P.; Choi, Kyoung-Shin. “Atomic plane-selective deposition of gold nanoparticles on metal oxide crystals exploiting preferential adsorption of additives.” Journal of the American Chemical Society (2009), 131(34), 12040–12041.