Classes will resume and Offices will be open on a normal schedule on Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
The Music Department at Eastern Nazarene College strives to provide quality instruction and training in music theory, history, pedagogy, and performance and to help students develop skills that will enable them to be musical leaders in schools, churches, studios, performing halls, and throughout the greater music community both domestically and globally. It is also our mission to bring a culture of musical excellence to the broader campus community by providing all students an opportunity to participate in the arts through instruction, performance, and high quality musical exposure.
- To provide quality foundational instruction of common core knowledge in Music Theory and Music History.
- To train students that can perform at a professional level on at least one instrument/voice.
- To produce musicians with a competency in aural theory.
- To produce musicians with a competency in keyboard skills.
- To provide quality instruction and opportunities for students to develop an adequate knowledge of literature for their instrument/voice and its corresponding ensembles.
- To prepare students to critically analyze, evaluate, and refine musical performance both personally and with others.
- To prepare students to provide musical leadership in the church, school, performance hall, studio, and community.
- To train students to recognize and explain styles, forms, and techniques unique to music of other cultures and to articulate a multicultural perspective of the power of music to create community.
- To train students to articulate the integration of a Christian perspective with their discipline.
- To bring a culture of musical excellence to the broader campus community by providing all students an opportunity to participate in the arts through instruction, performance, and high quality musical exposure.