The mission of the Exercise and Sports Sciences department is to provide, within a distinctly Christian environment, the specialized training and education necessary to become a successful leader within the sport industry.
- To develop the necessary understanding from an application and pedagogical perspective so students are prepared to pursue a career in the sport sciences or further their education within the discipline.
- To provide an environment for students to practice critical thinking, the ability to problem solving and develop ethical solutions.
- To foster individuality as a tool of sport science that achieves problem solving in a creative manner.
- To provide students with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences verbally, in written texts, and through the use of multi-media presentations and mass communication.
- To articulate and foster Christian ethics as it pertains to sports science activities with the goal of integrating faith and learning throughout the sports science program.
- To display an understanding of and appreciation for diversity in sport and its potential benefits to resolving cultural issues.