Format: Cohort model; classes meet once a week for 6-weeks
Length: 18 months (coursework)
Credits: 36 credits
Location: Old Colony Campus (Quincy), Bristol Community College (Fall River), Massasoit Community College (Brockton)
The Master of Science in Management is designed for working adults who have already completed a Bachelor’s degree. The 36-credit graduate program provides a broad business background for individuals who wish to advance in their chosen careers by developing the managerial skills necessary for success in today’s complex and competitive organizations.
The MSM program is available at Bristol Community College (Fall River, MA), Massasoit Community College (Brockton, MA), and at ENC’s Old Colony Campus (Quincy, MA). Classes meet once a week over a period of 6 weeks. Students who follow the program’s schedule can expect to complete their coursework in approximately 16 months. A thesis is required for completing the degree.
1. Apply their knowledge of essential issues of leadership theory and organization behavior to achieve organizational efficiency.
2. Demonstrate effective leadership skills needed to make critical decisions, and accomplish functional, organizational, and professional goals.
3. Deal effectively with individual differences in skills and behavior as related to management and the behavior of people in organizations.
4. Formulate multi-step strategies for locating information and/or solving problems.
5. Collect and analyze data to aid in problem-solving and/or decision-making.
6. Emulate the communication practices of both scholars and professionals.
7. Make ethical professional choices based upon their understanding of what it means to be Christian.
8. Collaborate effectively and respectfully with a diverse, multicultural community.
Sample of Courses
1. Foundations of Leadership Theory
2. Human Resource Management
3. Leadership in the Global Marketplace
4. Applied Leadership Strategy and Policy